The medical insurance submission procedure is increasingly complex, time-consuming and burdensome for everybody involved. The policies, procedures, and approval criteria of payer organizations vary widely. Physicians and their staff are confronted with widely varying insurance requirements.
At the same time, patients are understandably daunted by the idea of navigating the insurance process on their own.
In an effort to streamline and simplify the insurance submission process, our staff at Advanced Respiratory, a Hill-Rom Company:
- Compiles and submits all paperwork necessary to obtain prior authorization
- Follows up with the insurance company to ensure the submission proceeds through the process
- Clarifies insurance company requests for information in an attempt to require retrieval of only the most pertinent patient records
Professional backgrounds of Hill-Rom reimbursement personnel include nursing, case management, and medicaid and commercial insurance. Each individual is committed to working with your patients, their insurers and your staff to obtain appropriate reimbursement for The Vest® Airway Clearance System.
- The Vest® System: E0483 - High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation Air Pulse Generator System, (includes Air Hoses and inflatable vest), each
- The Vest® System Garment: A7025 - High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation System Vest, replacement for use with patient owned equipment, each
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this document is for educational purposes only and is not intended to serve as reimbursement advice. It is the responsibility of the provider to consult with each patientís health plan for appropriate coding and reporting of The Vest® System. In all cases, services billed must be medically necessary, actually performed as reported and appropriately documented. Providers are responsible for confirming the appropriate HCPCS product codes and ICD-9 diagnostic codes in accordance with payor regulations and guidance.