The Vest® Airway Clearance System
The Vest® System is an easy-to-use airway clearance device for both children and adults. Unlike manual chest percussion therapy (CPT), The Vest® System treatment does not require special positioning and breathing techniques.
- How does The Vest® System work?
- The Air Pulse Generator rapidly fills and deflates an inflatable garment, gently compressing and releasing the chest wall up to 25 times per second. This process, called High-Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO), creates mini-coughs that dislodge mucus from the bronchial walls, increase mobilization, and move it along toward central airways. The action also works to thin thick secretions, making them easier to clear. Once the mucus has moved from the smaller to larger airways, it can be easily removed by coughing or suctioning.
Learn more about Airway Clearance.
- Treatments are easy
- Most users manage therapy without any help. Unlike manual chest percussion therapy (CPT), The Vest® System treatment does not require special positioning or breathing techniques. The technology is technique-independent because patient or caregiver factors do not compromise its effectiveness. A typical treatment takes 15-20 minutes.
- Proven effective
- HFCWO has been widely described in medical literature. More than 80 studies in more than 60 facilities – spanning over 20 years of research – demonstrate the efficacy and safety of HFCWO for a variety of patients.
- Widely accepted
- The Vest® System is widely accepted and:
- Prescribed for more than 97,000 people with airway clearance needs.
- Prescribed by more than 17,000 physicians nationwide.
- Approved for payment by more than 900 commercial insurance companies and 250 government-funded payers.